Beginning with the first festival in 2010, Country on the River has become one of the best country music parties in the midwest. Featuring a great annual talent lineup, a free Thursday night show, on-site camping and a scenic rural backdrop, Country on the River has all of the makings of an event that cannot be missed.
2016: Year Seven
Our best year yet! Despite some hairy weather on opening night, we still had a great weekend full of the best in country music.
- Lineup: Kid Rock, Lee Brice, Billy Currington, Eli Young Band, Montgomery Gentry, Joe Nichols, Eric Paslay, The Swon Brothers, Granger Smith, LOCASH, Clare Dunn, Halfway to Hazard, Amanda Watkins and Ruthie Collins.
2015: Year Six
What an amazing year for Country on the River! Beautiful weather and a great lineup showed this is Wisconsin’s premier country festival.
- Lineup: Alabama, Jake Owen, Dierks Bentley, Cole Swindell, Big and Rich, Randy Houser, Girlbilly, Craig Morgan, Jerrod Niemann, Elizabeth Lyons, Joe Diffe, Blackjack Billy, Tylor Bailey, and American Young.
2014: Year Five
It was the first time in our five-year history that COTR sold out of campsites! As each year progresses, the Country on the River grounds have continued to grow with the crowd. In 2014 we added a third beer tent, larger stage and more camping.
- Lineup: Jason Aldean, The Band Perry, Thompson Square, Kix Brooks, Dustin Lynch, Sawyer Brown, Tracy Lawrence, Clare Dunn, Jacob Martin Band, Parmalee, Trick Pony, Dallas Smith, and American Young.
2013: Year Four
The second year at the permanent Country on the River grounds provided an extremely smooth experience for the country music fans. The improved grounds, traffic flow, and fantastic lineup featuring Trace Adkins and Big & Rich set the stage for an excellent weekend.
- Lineup: Trace Adkins, Big & Rich, Sara Evans, Eli Young Band, Scotty McCreery, Aaron Lewis, Lonestar, Randy Houser, American Young, Dylan Scott, Chris Cagle, and Chris Janson.
2012: Year Three
The first year at the new permanent location just outside of Prairie du Chien, Country on the River rocked with its largest crowd yet, expanded on-site camping, and featured two of country music’s hottest rising stars, Luke Bryan and Eric Church.
- Lineup: Luke Bryan, Eric Church, Gary Allan, Travis Tritt, Clay Walker, Craig Morgan, Jaime O’Neal, Daryl Worley, Sean Patrick McGraw, and more.
2011: Year Two
2011 marked the second, and ultimately, final year at Country on the River’s original location on Prairie du Chien’s St. Feriole Island.
- Lineup: Darius Rucker, Montgomery Gentry, Rodney Atkins, Jason Michael Carroll, Tracy Lawrence, Jo Dee Messina, Love and Theft, Trent Tomlinson, Restless Heart, Stealing Angels, and more.
2010: Year One
The start of it all. Held on Prairie du Chien’s historic St. Feriole Island on the Mississippi River, the first Country on the River became an instant hit with country music fans. With a remarkable first-year talent lineup, even the performers noted the event operated as smoothly as ones that have been around for years.
- Lineup: Blake Shelton, Diamond Rio, Joe Nichols, Terri Clark, Gloriana, Emerson Drive, Trailer Choir, The Lost Trailers, and more.